Co-Win Mobile App has been launched by the central government. People can make self-registration on this Co-WIN platform to get the COVID-19 vaccine. In India, 3 makers of Coronavirus vaccine namely Pfizer, Serum Institute, Bharat Biotech had applied for emergency use authorization of their vaccine candidates which have now been approved. The COVID 19 vaccination drive begins on 1 March 2021 for people above 60 years of age and above 45 years ago & having comorbidities. Health ministry earlier on 8 January 2020 had revealed the details of how the entire vaccination program will be conducted.
CO-WIN Mobile App Download Latest Updates
08 Jan 2021
Notice about Fraud Co-Win Apps There are a lot of similar apps like Co-Win mobile app developed by various fraud developers available for download from google play store, do not download such apps, an official app to launch soon
The dry runs for COVID-19 vaccination were running in various states to test the preparation of giving vaccines to people. These dry runs have been successfully completed and vaccination of Frontline workers has also been completed. Logistics support is now ready to keep vaccines and providing these to the priority groups. Indian armed forces are also included in the supply of Coronavirus vaccines to people. The co-Win mobile app has now been launched at which people can make pre-registration to get the vaccine.
Co-Win Mobile App Download (Winning Over COVID-19)
Here is the direct link for Co-Win Mobile App Download from google play store for all android smartphone users – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cowinapp.app&hl=en_IN&gl=US
The page to download Co-Win App at the google play store will appear as shown below:-
People can simply click on the “Install” button to start downloading the CO-WIN App automatically on their mobile device.
Benefits of Co-WIN App
The central govt. has created a CO-WIN mobile app that is able to monitor the entire vaccination process i.e from registration to verification. Co-Win, the new app that is available for free download, is an upgraded version of the Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN). This Mobile Application is currently meant for CoWIN Facility level users to perform the following tasks as Vaccinator, Supervisors and Surveyors.
- Beneficiary Registration: Based on identified priority group by the Government of India, the Beneficiary can be registered on the Application.
- Beneficiary Verification: Beneficiary’s relevant details can be captured in encrypted form which can be utilized to ensure that vaccine is administered to relevant Beneficiary. This is applicable at the time of registration as well as vaccination.
- Aadhaar Authentication: To ensure de-duplication, Beneficiary’s Aadhaar authentication can be done from the application in the form of OTP and Demographic Authentication. This is applicable at the time of registration or at the time of validation.
- Vaccination Status: Based on a dose schedule, the vaccination status of the Beneficiary can be updated from not vaccinated to partially vaccinated and partially vaccinated to vaccination completion.
- AEFI Reporting: Adverse Event following Immunization can be reported from the application.
People can now download Co-WIN mobile app from the google play store to get themselves registered for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Methods to Make CoVID-19 Vaccine Registration
There are various methods to make COVID-19 Vaccine Registration through online or offline mode:-
- Co-Win App – As discussed earlier, Co-Win App enables a person to make self-registration for the COVID-19 Vaccine.
- Co-Win Portal – All the people can access the central govt’s Co-Win Portal at https://www.cowin.gov.in/home. Co-WIN is a platform for the citizens of India to Register for COVID-19 vaccination and schedule their vaccination slots at the nearest vaccination centers.
- Arogya setu App – Aarogya Setu App also facilitates a person to make COVID-19 Vaccination Registration.
- IVRS center – Arogya Setu Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) is a toll-free service, available across the country. Here citizens can give a missed call to the number 1921 and they will get a call back requesting inputs regarding their health, the Ministry said in a statement on Monday.
List of Documents for Coronavirus Vaccine Registration
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID Card
- NPR Smart Card
- Driving License
- Documents of Pension
- PAN Card
Salient Features of CO-WIN Mobile App for COVID-19 Vaccine Self Registration
The important features and highlights of the CO-WIN App for Self Registration of COVID-19 vaccine are as follows:-
- This Co-WIN mobile app is useful for all those engaged in the process – administrators, vaccinators, and people who are going to receive these vaccine shots.
- The government will be vaccinating old age people in Coronavirus Vaccination 2nd Phase starting from 1 March 2021 onward. All the frontline workers including all healthcare professionals already got the COVID-19 vaccine in the first stage. Even the emergency workers were included in the Coronavirus vaccination. The data of these people who were covered in Phase 1 had been compiled by the state governments.
- In the second phase, people with co-morbidity and above 45 years of age or people with more than 60 years are to be given vaccines and self-registration has been introduced.
- The co-Win platform includes a free downloadable mobile application that can help record vaccine data. People would be able to apply online for Coronavirus vaccination through the Co-WIN mobile app.
- There are five modules in the Co-WIN app: Administrator module, registration module, vaccination module, beneficiary acknowledgment module, and report module. Reports said each vaccination will take at least 30 minutes and only 100 people will be administered in each session.
- The administrator module is for the administrators who will be conducting these vaccination sessions. Through this module, they can create sessions and the respective vaccinators and managers will be notified.
- The registration module is for people to get registered for vaccination. It will upload bulk data on co-morbidity provided by local authorities or by surveyors.
- The vaccination module will verify beneficiary details and update vaccination status.
- The beneficiary acknowledgment module will send SMS to beneficiaries and also generate QR (matrix barcode) based certificates after one gets vaccinated.
- The report module will prepare reports of how many vaccine sessions have been conducted, how many people have attended those, and how many people have dropped out.
- The app will also send real-time data of the temperature of the cold-storage units to the main server.
The total number of Covid-19 cases reached 1.11 crore, the total number of recovered cases is 10.8 M while the death toll rises to 1,57,000 people.
PM Modi Taking COVID-19 Vaccine (Covaxin)
Early on 1 March 2021, PM Modi has taken the COVID-19 Vaccine at 9 a.m in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). The second phase includes people above 60 years of age along with people above 45 years with comorbidities. PM Modi is above 60 years of age, so he has taken Covaxin to inculcate confidence among people that indigenous vaccines are safe.
COVID-19 Vaccination Drive in India
Every single India who needs to be vaccinated will be vaccinated, which roughly includes one crore healthcare worker, two crore front line workers, and 27 crores of prioritized age groups. The central government will take a final call on the stages of the COVID-19 Vaccination drive in India and these stages may not be sequential. Depending on the availability of the vaccines, these can go on simultaneously.
Both Serum Institute of India which is producing the Oxford-Astrazeneca vaccine and Bharat Biotech, which is producing the first indigenous vaccine, have approached the regulator for an emergency use license. Pfizer India was, however, the first one to approach the Drugs Controller General of India for a license after the United Kingdom and Bahrain gave the nod to the vaccine candidate.